Every school, university, or any other educational institution is unique in its own way, the uniqueness that extends from its students to the body of professors and the technology it uses. To accommodate these special needs calls for modern and flexible solutions, enhanced capabilities, as well as cloud-based applications like the ones offered by Google Workspace for Education.
How much does a school have to pay to benefit from the Workspace for Education set of tools and what subscription gives you access to free Google productivity tools – find out from the following article.
What is Google Workspace for Education?
Google Workspace for Education is a set of Google built tools and services, tailored for summer schools and educational institutions. The subscriptions are meant to aid teachers and students to collaborate, teach and learn online.. If you are interested in reaching out for your organisation’s needs, Google Workspace for Education offers multiple options and subscriptions:
- Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals gets you basic tools and apps like Classroom, Google Meet, Docs, Forms and Chat.
- Google Workspace for Education Standard offers the organisation all the previous tools with added security features and enhanced administration controls.
- Teaching and Learning Update brings enhanced video-communication capabilities and Classroom add-ons to your previous two editions.
- Google Workspace for Education Plus is the most comprehensive package, including all the features in the other subscriptions with additional features for services.
Have a go at a Google Workspace trial alongside FOTC, one of Google’s Premium Partners in the UK. Ask for help from a team of Google cloud experts and engineers to know the importance of digitalisation for the future.
Google Workspace pricing: How much does the Workspace for Education subscriptions cost?
Google Workspace for Education first subscription, Fundamentals, is absolutely free and can be obtained by any school or university. To benefit from this free subscription for up to 10.000 Workspace licences, your organisation has to be recognised as an education institution and has to provide nationally or internationally recognised education certificates for primary, secondary or higher education.
All the other three subscriptions are paid Workspace plans and here are the prices you can get with from FOTC:
- 2,2 EUR / year net per student with one free teacher licence per four student licences with Google Workspace for Education Standard
- 2,5 EUR / month net per student with the Teaching and Learning Update
- 3,4 EUR / year net per student with one free tutoring service licence per four student licences with Google Workspace for Education Plus
What is the difference between Google Classroom and Google Workspace?
While Google Workspace is a set of tools dedicated to entrepreneurship and companies, with Google Workspace for Education you will get a suite of products and services tailored for teaching and learning.
With the education licences, your students and teachers can access Google Workspace core services like Gmail, Google Calendar and Classroom, but also more specific apps like Jamboard, Assignments or Tasks. The suite administrators will furthermore decide which services their users can access.
Contrary to Google Workspace paid plans – Google Business Business Starter, Standard Plus or Enterprise – the educational version of Workspace includes a no cost plan in the form of Fundamentals.
Do you need help testing or customising your Workspace for Education plan for the institution you run? Create a secure foundation for digitalised education by contacting FOTC’s cloud certified experts.