Table of Contents
Incorporating marketing analytics tools is one of the best ways to enhance your business. However, having the tools at hand is only part of the process.
You need to ensure you’re using them as effectively and efficiently for your marketing as possible.
With that being said, we’ve put together these top tips to help you make the most of your marketing analytics tools. Read on to learn more.
3 Tips for Choosing Marketing Analytics Tools
1. Choose the Right Analytics Tools
The most important tip for using marketing analytics tools, is to ensure you get the right software from the best provider.
The more accurate and extensive analytics you receive, the easier it will be to monitor your marketing performance and implement the appropriate strategies. This is why an expert provider is vital.
For instance, you should consider call tracking with Mediahawk, which offers the most beneficial insights for your marketing. Not only does it enable you to track all your customer calls, but it can also give you a variety of expert metrics such as:
- The marketing sources that produce calls – The software allows you to assign dynamic phone numbers, which reveal the exact online marketing sources that a customer visited before, during, and after they called. For example, you could see a customer who followed a link on your Facebook page and then made a call.
- Different activities producing your inbound enquiries – When you receive an inbound enquiry – in whatever form this might take – you can track the specific activities which helped funnel the customer down to this point.
- Engagement from your PPC ads – You can use call tracking to receive data on your pay-per-click ad performance. By doing this, you’ll know how many customers make a call, purchase, or interaction after seeing your ads. This can help you make each ad more efficient at generating leads and sales, and thus more cost-efficient for your business.
- Keyword performance from your call conversations – The software uses speech analytics to pick up any keywords which are mentioned in a call conversation. You can establish these keywords to ensure they are relevant to your business.
With an expert analytics tool like this, you’ll have everything you need to boost your digital marketing the right way!
2. Optimise your conversions
Another great tip for using marketing analytics tools is to make sure you focus on optimising your conversions.
To start, use a tool like a call tracking to help you establish customer journey maps. Using these analytics, you can outline how many leads and sales are generated from each activity, and at which point customers are converting to valuable leads, making purchases, etc.
This way, you can refine the specific areas that are generating high conversions. For instance, there could be a certain activity that increases conversions near the start of customer journeys, which leads them to make a call, fill out a form, or interact over a live chat, for example.
You might find this is due to customers being persuaded by the calls to action. As a result, you can include more of these techniques across other activities, to further boost conversions and avoid any drop-offs.
3. Refine your marketing budget
It’s also important to use marketing analytics when structuring your marketing investments. With the insights and reports, you can more effectively split your budget.
You can view the number of leads and sales being generated from each activity, campaign, and channel, which will show you the most and least successful areas of your innovative marketing.
In turn, you can invest more of your budget in the areas producing increased engagement – to boost this further and remove your budget from underperforming activities – to avoid wasting money.
This will leave you with a more effective marketing strategy, and a higher return on investment.
By using these simple yet essential tips, you can quickly take your business to new heights with the right marketing analytics tools.